Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Getting confused with the "recipe for lock"

Re: Getting confused with the "recipe for lock"
Why would client 1s connection be unstable but client 2s not? In any normal usage the ZK clients are going to be on the same network. Or, are you thinking cross-data-center usage? In my opinion, ZooKeeper is not suited to cross data center usage.

In any event, as others have pointed out, Zookeeper is _not_ a transactional system. It is an eventually consistent system that will give you a reasonable degree of distributed coordination semantics. There are edge cases as you describe but they are in the level of noise.

-Jordan