Flume >> mail # user >> Difference between EventDrivenSource and PollableSource?

+
Ashish 2013-06-19, 11:16
Re: Difference between EventDrivenSource and PollableSource?
The difference is pretty much described by the name. A pollable source
will get regularly polled by the source runner asking it to generate
events. An event driven source is responsible for generating the events
itself and normally does this in response to some event happening. Have
a look at SequenceGeneretorSource for an example of polling and
ExecSource for an example of an event driven source.

On 06/19/2013 08:16 PM, Ashish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to understand PollableSource and EventDrivenSource, but
> got confused. Is the difference based on how Events are consumed by
> Channel or something else.
>
> Also, how to decide which one to use while implementing a custom Source.
>
> thanks
> ashish

Ashish 2013-06-20, 04:19