MapReduce >> mail # user >> Specific HDFS tasks where is passwordless SSH is necessary

Re: Specific HDFS tasks where is passwordless SSH is necessary
It isn't the NN that does the SSH technically, its the scripts we ship
for an easier start/stop:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#Does_Hadoop_require_SSH.3F

So wherever you launch the script, the SSH may happen from that point.

--
Harsh J