HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase table truncate

Re: HBase table truncate

re:  "truncate is supposed to be more like a "delete_all","

In an RDBMS an "truncate" doesn't do "delete all", it actually whacks the
underlying files to clear the table (or a particular partition, if you
happen to have an RDBMS that supports partitioning).

I think that HBase's implementation of truncate is similar to what folks
expect out of an RDBMS - which is good.