HBase >> mail # user >> Write TimeSeries Data and Do Time Based Range Scans

Re: Write TimeSeries Data and Do Time Based Range Scans
Inline

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Shahab Yunus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Yeah, I saw that. In fact that is why I recommended that to you as I
> couldn't infer from your email that whether you have already gone through
> that source or not.

Yes, i was aware of that article. But my read pattern is slighty different
from that article.We are using HBase as DataSource for a RestFul service.
Even though if my range scan finds 400 rows with a specified timerange. I
only return top 20 for one rest request. So, if in case i do bucketing(lets
say bucket=10) then i will need to fetch 20 results from each bucket and
then i will have to do a merge sort on the client size and return final 20.
You can assume that i need to return the 20rows sorted by timestamp.

> A source, who did the exact same thing and discuss it
> in much more detail and concerns aligning with yours (in fact I think some
> of the authors/creators of that link/group are members here of this
> community as well.)

Do you know what the outcome of their experiment? Do you have any link for
that? Thanks for your time and help.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta