Hive >> mail # user >> Fwd: Redundancy, load balancing with HCatalog/WebHCat

Fwd: Redundancy, load balancing with HCatalog/WebHCat
We are looking into running multiple instances of HCatalog/WebHCat on
different servers to achieve some sort of redundancy. From some tests it
appears that multiple nodes seem to be synchronized through Zookeeper, and
since data is stored in HDFS each node doesn't rely on its own state.

So if a HCatalog node goes down we can just point to the other and continue.

If we did go with this approach, are there any gotchas to look out for?
Documentation on similar setup(s) seem lacking.

- Ron