HBase >> mail # user >> How to use hbase.client.scanner.caching?

How to use hbase.client.scanner.caching?
Hello,

I'm working on optimizing the HBase loader for PIG. To do so, I use
the HTable.setScannerCaching() call and it works well, but it
requires to modify the Java source code of PIG.

Thus, I've tried instead to use the hbase.client.scanner.caching
property in my HBase config files (and also on the Java command line
of my test program) but there nothing I can do to change the default
setting (always 1).

Here is what I have in hbase-default.xml:

   <property>
     <name>hbase.client.scanner.caching</Name>
     <value>1000</value>
   </property>

Is there something I missed ?

Cheers,