HBase, mail # user - Hbase master failing to start after reaching 95% disk and expanding cluster

+
Marco Gallotta 2012-12-29, 11:44
+
Marco Gallotta 2012-12-29, 17:22
Re: Hbase master failing to start after reaching 95% disk and expanding cluster
Stack 2012-12-29, 23:07
On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Marco Gallotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I also see a number of these warnings in the zookeeper logs, which look
> quite telling. Zookeeper is running on the slaves in question, and port
> 3888 is unblocked in the firewall.
>
> 2012-12-29 07:23:42,492 WARN
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager
> : Cannot open channel to 1 at election address
> slave1.analytics-internal.lokistu
> dios.com/10.171.98.247:3888

Is this server up and running.  Connection refused is pretty plain
speaking.  Can you ping this server? Can you telnet to the server on the
above port?  What is in the logs for the server at 98.247?

It seems like HBase Master is failing because it cannot connect to zk.

St.Ack
+
Marco Gallotta 2012-12-30, 11:44
+