Flume >> mail # user >> Design problem while monitoring Flume

Design problem while monitoring Flume
Hi,

I want to get some statistics out of Flume (For example, how many records
were collected, How many files etc.).
I've written my own interceptor that updates an MBean whenever records
arrive.

I've also written a MonitorServices that collects the data from the MBean
every X minutes and send it to a database.

My problem is that sometimes events are resent again from the source, I saw
that while debugging.
Not sure why... maybe because of a timeout while sending to the sink?

Anyway, if this happens in production it will corrupt my statistics.

Is there any way I can know that an event have failed reaching the sink
eventhough it passed the interceptor?
Is there a better place to collect such statistics than an interceptor?

Thanks
Anat