HBase >> mail # user >> Kudos for Phoenix

Kudos for Phoenix
Hi folks,

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Phoenix framework, and specifically for the ability to create "view" against an HBase table whose schema was not being managed by Phoenix.  That's a really nice feature and I'm not sure how many folks realize this.  I was initially nervous that this was only for data created with Phoenix, but that's not the case, so if you're looking for a lightweight framework for SQL-on-HBase I'd check it out.  For this particular scenario it's probably better for ad-hoc data exploration, but often that's what people are looking to do.

Doug Meil
Chief Software Architect, Explorys
[EMAIL PROTECTED]