Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Using zookeeper server as library

Using zookeeper server as library
Hi all,

I have a requirement, where my servers have to store a data structure
similar to the zookepeer trees. Instead of writing it from scratch, i was
wondering if i can just leverage the existing zookeeper code.

The idea is to just link to the zookeeper.jar and use it locally via
function calls. I dont need the client / server communication part. I dont
need the replication part. I just need the code to create / delete nodes
etc in memory. Persisting it in the log is a plus if can just leverage that
too. The JMX stuff would be a bonus.

Before i go try to do this, i wanted to know if you guys had any thoughts
on this or if there any gotchas i need to look for.

Thanks,
-Prakash