Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: Heads up: next hadoop-2 release

Re: Heads up: next hadoop-2 release
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2012, at 9:45 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>
> Makes sense. The only issue is rejiggering fix-versions, CHANGES.txt etc.,
> but I can do that.
>
> My plan to create the RC after 0.23.3 completes the test/integration cycle
> it's currently in - should be done in the next week or so barring blockers.
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>

> In which case shall we just wipe off 2.1.0-alpha for now and branch out only
> after 0.23.3's cycle is done. I don't expect major features to go in the
> meanwhile into branch-2 which we don't want in 2.1.0-alpha.

Yea, I think we should nuke 2.1.0-alpha and re-create when we're
actually going to do a release. On the HDFS side there's quite a few
things already waiting to get out, if it's going to take another 4 or
so weeks then would be great to shoot for getting HDFS-3077.

Thanks,
Eli