HBase, mail # dev - Otis, how do we know the age of the search-hadoop.com index?

Re: Otis, how do we know the age of the search-hadoop.com index?
Otis Gospodnetic 2011-04-14, 04:31
Hey Stack,

Funny you should ask - I was trying to look up that "...Primetime..." thread
yesterday and after not finding it I realized user@hbase messages were missing.
Check http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-user/?format=atom using
Chrome now.  I see "error on line 12582 at column 11: PCDATA invalid Char value
27", which matches what I see in our logs (interestingly, Firefox eats the error
just fine).  The bad news is that we missed some user@hbase messages.  The good
news is that this should go away very soon (as the problematic message gets
pushed down and out of top N items we fetch from there) and that we have a
mechanism to back-fill missing data.  Sorry about this glitch.  If we/you see
this happening, we'll see if we can make the XML parser we use more forgiving or
find one that doesn't choke as easily.

Otis
----