Hive >> mail # user >> Re: FileNotFoundException when using hive local mode execution style

Re: FileNotFoundException when using hive local mode execution style
> On 18 June 2013 12:25, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> look at the discussion on this thread
>https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/cdh-user/gHVq9C5H6RE

Thanks for that pointer, although not related to hive 'local-mode', I have
set-up the following variables in order to "keep hive happy" but my query
still fails.
SET hive.exec.show.job.failure.debug.info=false;
SET mapred.job.tracker=local;

My particular java.io.FileNotFoundException(File does not exist:
/tmp/vagrant/hive_2013-06-17_16-10-05_614_7672774118904458113/-mr-10000/1/emptyFile)
error is specific to when I use the hive local-mode (SET
hive.exec.mode.local.auto=true;) , which I am trying to set-up to run tests
on small toy data-sets.