HBase >> mail # user >> filtering rows for column values not null

+
Ted 2013-10-24, 08:54
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-10-24, 13:23
+
Toby Lazar 2013-10-24, 13:26
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-10-24, 13:31
+
Ted 2013-10-25, 00:53
RE: filtering rows for column values not null
If 'firstName' is NULL - it is missing completely from a row. Add explicitly this column to Scan you create:

scan.addColumn(YOUR_CF, 'firstName'.getBytes());

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com