Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
I think its a good idea to release hadoop-0.20.203. It moves Apache Hadoop a
step forward.

Looks like the technical difficulties are resolved now with latest Arun's
commits.
Being a superset of hadoop-0.20.2 it can be considered based on one of the
official Apache releases.
I don't think there was a lack of discussions on the lists about the issues
included in the release candidate. Todd did a thorough review of the entire
security branch. Many developers participated in discussions.
Agreeing with Stack I wish HBase was considered a primary target for Hadoop
support. But it is not realistic to have it in hadoop-0.20.203.
I have some experience running a version of this release candidate on a
large cluster. It works. I would add a couple of patches, which make it run
on Windows for me like HADOOP-7110, HADOOP-7126. But those are not blockers.

Thanks,
--Konstantin