From: Glen Mazza [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 2:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Instructions on how to run Apache Hadoop 2.0.2-alpha?

Hi, I was able to run Hadoop 1.0.4 single-node with no difficulty following these instructions:  http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/single_node_setup.html .

The corresponding page that we're referred to at the bottom of here: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/ for Hadoop 2.0.2 is radically different, however, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with starting Hadoop:  http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/SingleCluster.html .  Is it because I'm looking at the wrong page or is it that Hadoop 2.0.2 is really so different that the instructions have radically changed?  Is there anything similar to http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/single_node_setup.html that will show me how to run Hadoop 2.0.2?

Thanks,
Glen

--
Glen Mazza