Hadoop, mail # user - Can I remove a folder on HDFS when decommissioning a data node?

Re: Can I remove a folder on HDFS when decommissioning a data node?
Michael Segel 2012-06-26, 14:51
Hi,

Yes you can remove a file while there is a node or node(s) being decommissioned.

I wonder if there's a way to manually clear out the .trash which may also give you more space.