Zookeeper >> mail # user >> leader election length

Re: leader election length
If your snapshot size wasn't big.  You can increase the snapshot frequency
(Java prop: zookeeper.snapCount)

This may help a bit in reducing the size of txnlog, so it take less time
for the server to load the data on leader election.

However, taking more frequent snapshot cause the server to use more disk
bandwidth during normal operation. It may affect request latency if both
txnlog and snapshot shares the same disk.

--
Thawan Kooburat