Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4 RC2
Josh Elser 2013-09-25, 21:56
On Sep 25, 2013 12:10 PM, "Christopher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> MD5s and SHA1s look good, and so does the GPG signatures.
>
> I saw the following issues:
>
> 1) No javadoc jar (should be defined in the "apache-release" profile).

So it would seem that `mvn deploy -Papache-release` isn't sufficient?

> 2) Tarball looks like it isn't using gnu tar format. This could cause
> problems with long filenames on some systems. You need the following
> in your pluginManagement section:
>         <plugin>
>           <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>           <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
>           <configuration>
>             <tarLongFileMode>gnu</tarLongFileMode>
>           </configuration>
>         </plugin>
> (I really don't know why that isn't the default. This might be
> addressed with the "apache-release" profile)

x.x

> 3) What's the deal with the #set lines at the top of the file? What do
> these do? Are these needed? Because ShellExample.java is missing them.
> Is that expected?
> 4) There appears to be two distinct READMEs. Would it be better to
> consolidate them?

No. One is for the archetype and one is for the code generated by the
archetype. Completely different IMO.

> 5) There appears to be a discrepancy between the LICENSE and NOTICE
> files that are in the project and the archetype-resources. I'd expect
> them to be the same.

I'll check into that.

> 6) I can't see the commit you referenced above, because it hasn't been
> pushed. You should push it in another branch, if you don't want to tag
> it, so I can compare the source in that commit with the contents of
> the tarball, before it's actually tagged as "1.4.4" upon vote success.

I guess I forgot to push tags?

> 7) It looks like the release plugin put in the wrong tag name
> ("1.4.4-RC2" instead of "1.4.4").

This was intentional. I do not like deleting tags at all. The intent I took
from our last discussion was to provide a commit (which I must have
forgotten to push?) and make a real 1.4.4 tag when the vote succeeds.

> 8) I think the attaching sources is redundant, because it's configured
> in the parent POM's "apache-release" profile.

I don't follow (not in front of code either).

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-089/

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-089/org/apache/accumulo/instamo-archetype/1.4.4/instamo-archetype-1.4.4-source-release.tar.gz