HBase >> mail # user >> hbase config problem

Re: hbase config problem
Hi Gerald,

The easiest way to test HBase locally is:
1) Download the tar.gz
2) Ungzip it.
3) Make sure host file contains FQDN assign to local IP address (and not
127.0.0.1)
4) define JAVA_HOME to point to you Sun JDK
5) bin/start-hbase.sh

Don't change anything, don't set any other variable, don't do anything.
Just those 5 simple steps. Then you should have a standalone version
running.

JM