HBase, mail # dev - scoping integration tests

Re: scoping integration tests
Jesse Yates 2011-11-30, 06:28
+1 Overall idea.

I don't know if we should consider the integration tests as the primary
thing that bigtop runs. Since they are deploying to a small cluster
(right?), the tests that FB is supposed to be open sourcing soon should
probably be what they run (and lets call those acceptance tests).

While integration tests could be run by bigtop, they should definitely be
part of our testing of patches as well - no patches should go into trunk
that don't pass both the unit tests and integration tests. Then we push in
bigger patches or cut releases we make sure that the acceptance tests pass.

At least, that's what I was thinking about how testing works.

-Jesse

Jesse Yates
240-888-2200
@jesse_yates