Accumulo >> mail # dev >> GSoC proposal: Ambari for Accumulo - forever : )

Re: GSoC proposal: Ambari for Accumulo - forever : )
Andres,

I like your proposal.

3.1.1 loggers do not exists in 1.5 ... so would only need to consider them
if working w/ 1.4 .  I suppose you would want to work Accumulo 1.4, since
that the current stable release.

3.1.3
  Accumulo supports reading system config from xml local file and then
zookeeper (whats set in zookeeper takes precedence).  The nice thing about
setting something a config zookeeper, is that process restart is not
required.
For section 3.2, are you proposing adding features to the existing Ambari
GUI?  If so, are the Accumulo specific?

3.3 I know very little about Ambari.  But I have read that it does have a
REST API.  Can this be used from the API currently?

It seems that Ambari relies on RPMs.  Its possible you may have to spend
time creating Accumulo RPMs that are useful for Ambari. You may want to
think about allocating some time for this.  Christopher and John can give
you more info about the current state of Accumulo RPMs.

Keith