HBase >> mail # user >> 2 differents hbase.hregion.max.filesize at the same time?

Re: 2 differents hbase.hregion.max.filesize at the same time?
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have disabled the table, setup the MAX_FILESIZE value and enabled the table.

I can see that in the UI:

work_proposed {NAME => 'work_proposed', MAX_FILESIZE => '104857600',
FAMILIES => [{NAME => '@'}]}

But there is still only one region into the table.

104857600 is 100MB

And here are the files in hadoop:
hadoop@node3:~/hadoop-1.0.3$ bin/hadoop fs -ls
/hbase/work_proposed/daca55e25f5ce23b358851990bd9d6a5/@
Found 2 items
-rw-r--r--   3 hbase supergroup 1340467822 2012-11-19 16:06
/hbase/work_proposed/daca55e25f5ce23b358851990bd9d6a5/@/157867160e684800946dd129900d3f77
-rw-r--r--   3 hbase supergroup  834894008 2012-11-19 16:06
/hbase/work_proposed/daca55e25f5ce23b358851990bd9d6a5/@/72bb17a94dc946da8db5841a37463713

The smallest one is almost 800MB.

Something which might be interesting also will be to have something
like "MIN_REGIONS" where you can setup a number of minimum regions you
want for this table, whithout any consideration of the side of the
file. The goal here is to make sure the table is spread over enought
servers to distribut the work when there is major MapReduce jobs
running... Here, I have a 800MB file, and 8 region servers. I will
setup the MIN_REGIONS value to 8 and let hbase make sure there is at
least 8 regions for this table....

JM