Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper performance

Re: Zookeeper performance
Generally, ZK is much better as a coordination layer.

Starting with an expected transaction load well above the normal limits of
operation is not a grand idea.

Much better to do something simpler like have ZK coordinate shard masters
that each use conventional methods for handling transactions (see voltdb
for one approach to sharding well to allow each transaction to never span
shards).

Similarly, you can also shard and maintain version numbers, transaction
id's and an in-memory transaction table.  This allows multi-shard MVCC
commit semantics but can be a bit tricky to deal with transactions stalled
by dead nodes.

Using ZK for the raw transaction stream isn't a grand idea, however.