Accumulo, mail # user - Titan (graph database) Support For Accumulo?

Re: Titan (graph database) Support For Accumulo?
Jason Trost 2012-07-22, 16:59
I experimented briefly with Titan, and wasn't impressed with its
performance when backed by BigTable DBs.  I started making mods
necessary to use Accumulo for Titan, but got busy and had to put it on
hold.  This code is definitely not finished (or pretty).

Here is the branch:
    https://github.com/jt6211/titan/tree/feature.Accumulo-Backend

Here is what I added:
    https://github.com/jt6211/titan/compare/master...feature.Accumulo-Backend

For the same reasons the HBase code is not ready for production, the
accumulo code is not either.  The Titan API seems to lack some
features that may make working with Big Data more efficient (like
batching reads).  I feel like the API could/should be changed to take
advantage of BatchScanners when performing many get()'s, which it does
not currently do, and I feel like this system would benefit from some
MapReduce jobs that would enable building graphs in the format
required.  There are probably many other optimizations that could be
done here too.

I haven't had time to finish it and I am definitely open to someone
else picking this up. I "Stopped Progress" on this in case someone
else is interested in taking this JIRA:

--Jason