HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase - Secondary Index

+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-04, 08:10
+
Jan Van Besien 2012-12-04, 19:24
RE: HBase - Secondary Index
Hi Jan
         Yes we guarentee the consistency between user table and index table. The put operation will be handled as a transactional way so as to make sure the data is added to both tables or reverted back from both. Some new CP hooks we have added for this obviously.

-Anoop-
From: Jan Van Besien [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: HBase - Secondary Index

Hi,

On 12/04/2012 09:10 AM, Anoop Sam John wrote:
 > I would like to hear what others think on this. :)

I found it interesting to read your approach on how the indexes can be
used to speed up existing scan operations.

I couldn't find anything in your presentation though about whether your
implementation makes any guarantees to ensure the source table and the
index table are always (eventually) in sync.

What if data is inserted in the source table and then the region server
crashes (before the coprocessor is executed)? Will the index be out of
sync? Do you have a mechanisme in place to detect and restore this
situation?

thanks
Jan
+