MapReduce >> mail # user >> How do I diagnose a really slow copy

How do I diagnose a really slow copy
I have been finding a that my cluster is running abnormally slowly
A typical reduce task reports
reduce > copy (113 of 431 at 0.07 MB/s)
70 kb / second is a truely dreadful rate and tasks are running much slower
under hadoop than the
same code on a the same operations on a single box -
Where do I look to find why IO operations might  be so slow??

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD