HBase >> mail # user >> if reads are bigger than a heap size?

Re: if reads are bigger than a heap size?
Hi Henry,

  Typically you are not going to be doing a single read larger than
heap, unless you have rogue cell.  We have scanner caching to control
number of rows pulled in at once, and then we have batching which will
control the number of columns pulled in at once.  If you try to grab
too much data you can expect an OOME on the RS itself.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera