Pig, mail # dev - A major addition to Pig. Working with spatial data

Re: A major addition to Pig. Working with spatial data
Nick Dimiduk 2013-05-06, 20:03
I'm to a lawyer, but I see no reason why this cannot be an external
extension to Pig. It would behave the same way PostGIS is an external
extension to Postgres. Any Apache issues would be toward general
purpose enhancements, not specific to your project.

Good on you!
-n