Hadoop, mail # general - Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-16, 06:41
+
lohit 2012-11-16, 20:58
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 21:14
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 23:34
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-11-16, 23:38
+
Stack 2012-11-17, 05:34
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:22
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-11-19, 18:09
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-19, 19:08
+
Tom White 2012-11-20, 12:41
+
lohit 2012-12-03, 18:02
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-04, 14:09
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-06, 02:59
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 02:03
+
Arun Murthy 2012-12-05, 02:56
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 21:26
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-11-19, 19:39
+
Bikas Saha 2012-11-20, 05:18
Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Steve Loughran 2012-11-19, 20:41
I want to make some changes to the lifecycle of a yarn service (in a
backwards compatible way).

   1. formal state machine model with stop state idempotent and entry-able
   from any state
   2. waiting/blocked state a service can enter when waiting for something
   else
   3. an alternate base class that does the state model checks before
   executing any state change functions -currently its done at
   end-of-operation in the super() calls.
   4. gradual move of services to the stricter base class.

With a new base class nothing will break (as the move can be done
case-by-case, leaving the heavily subclassed ones alone); the state model
extensions & formalisation would be visible but not used.

I don't want to hold anything up, because I need more testing of things
before this is ready for review. I just want to get the fixes in before it
ships

On 19 November 2012 16:22, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am OK with removing the alpha assuming that we think that the APIs are
> stable enough that we are willing to truly start maintaining backwards
> compatibility on them within 2.X. From what I have seen I think that they
> are fairly stable and I think there is enough adoption by other projects
> right now that breaking backwards compatibility would be problematic.
>
> --Bobby Evans
>
> On 11/16/12 11:34 PM, "Stack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Aaron T. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hi Arun,
> >>
> >> Given that the 2.0.3 release is intended to reflect the growing
> >>stability
> >> of YARN, and the QJM work will be included in 2.0.3 which provides a
> >> complete HDFS HA solution, I think it's time we consider removing the
> >> "-alpha" label from the release version. My preference would be to
> >>remove
> >> the label entirely, but we could also perhaps call it "-beta" or
> >>something.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>

> >I think it fine after two minor releases undoing the '-alpha' suffix.
> >
> >If folks insist we next go to '-beta', I'd hope we'd travel all
> >remaining 22 letters of the greek alphabet before we 2.0.x.
> >
> >St.Ack

+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-18, 19:45
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 04:15
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 04:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 05:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 05:07
+
Heather Bales 2012-12-19, 16:15
+
Prabakaran Krishnan 2012-12-19, 11:26
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-19, 14:10
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 14:52
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-01-16, 18:30
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 18:38
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-25, 00:35
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-28, 23:11
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-29, 16:51
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-29, 17:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 17:51
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-31, 05:01
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-31, 05:15
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-11-17, 00:05
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-17, 04:27
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:27
+
Mariappan Asokan 2012-11-19, 17:18
+
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda 2012-11-19, 17:45