Hadoop >> mail # general >> Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
I want to make some changes to the lifecycle of a yarn service (in a
backwards compatible way).

   1. formal state machine model with stop state idempotent and entry-able
   from any state
   2. waiting/blocked state a service can enter when waiting for something
   else
   3. an alternate base class that does the state model checks before
   executing any state change functions -currently its done at
   end-of-operation in the super() calls.
   4. gradual move of services to the stricter base class.

With a new base class nothing will break (as the move can be done
case-by-case, leaving the heavily subclassed ones alone); the state model
extensions & formalisation would be visible but not used.

I don't want to hold anything up, because I need more testing of things
before this is ready for review. I just want to get the fixes in before it
ships