Hive >> mail # user >> Question about how to add the debug info into the hive core jar

Question about how to add the debug info into the hive core jar

Hi,
I have the hadoop running in  pseudo-distributed mode on my linux box. Right now I face a problem about a Hive, which throws Exception in a table for some data which used my custom SerDe and InputFormat class.
To help me to trace the root cause, I need to modify the code of org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe to add more debug logging information to understand why the exception happens.
After I modify the hive code, I can compile it and generate a new hive-serde.jar file, with the same name as the release version, just size changed.
Now I put my new hive-serde.jar under $HIVE_HOME/lib folder, replace the old one, and run the query which failed. But after the failure, if I check the $HADOOP_HOME/logs/user_logs/, I saw the Exception stacktrace still looked like generated by the original hive-serde class. The reason is that the line number shown in the log doesn't match with the new code I changed to add the debug information.
My question is, if I have this new compiled hive-serde.jar file, besides $HIVE_HOME/lib, where should I put it in?
1) This is a pseudo environments. Everything (namenode, data node, job tracker and tasktracer are all running in one box)2) After I replace hive-serde.jar with my new jar, I even stop all the hadoop java processing and restart them.3) But when I run the query in the hive session, I still saw the log generated by the old hive-serde.jar class. Why?
Thank for any help
Yong