HBase >> mail # user >> Encryption in HBase

+
Farrokh Shahriari 2012-08-07, 11:06
+
Stack 2012-08-08, 10:54
+
Farrokh Shahriari 2012-08-08, 13:21
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-08-08, 13:23
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-08, 14:17
Re: Encryption in HBase
You don't want to do that.
I mean you really don't want to do that. ;-)

You would be better off doing a strong encryption at the cell level. You can use co-processors to do that if you'd like.

YMMV

On Aug 8, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Stack,
>
>    Would it be feasible to encrypt the HFile itself??
>
> Regards,
>    Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Will it be possible to use the compression methods to call an
>> encryption method instead?
>>
>> 2012/8/8, Farrokh Shahriari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>> Thanks
>>> How can I encrypt a cell ? Is there a special way for encryption ?

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-08, 19:47
+
syed kather 2012-08-08, 20:11