MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop 1.04 with Eclipice

+
sahil soni 2013-04-05, 15:13
Re: Hadoop 1.04 with Eclipice
Few days ago I wrote a article about how to built eclipse plugin for hadoop
1.0.4 on Mac OS X ,the article was written in chinese,but pictures in the
article maybe useful for you,you can follow pictures step by step ,hope it
could provide some help  .
You can find the article here :
http://www.kevenking.cn/index.php/archives/79

Regards

发件人:  sahil soni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
答复:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
日期:  Fri, 5 Apr 2013 10:13:48 -0500
至:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
主题:  Hadoop 1.04 with Eclipice

Hi All,

I have installed the Hadoop 1.04 on the Red Hat Linux 5 . I want to install
the Eclipse any version on Windows 7 and want to use that Windows  Eclipse
for Development of Hadoop .

I tried to google and download Hadoop plugins for the same . But i am not
able to configure it on windows . Though with same plugins i am able to
configure it on Linux system itself where Hadoop is running .

1.) So back to Original Question :- How to configure Hadoop Eclipse Plugin
on Windows while your Hadoop 1.04 is running on Linux ?

2.)
Please sent me clear steps to How Built a Plugin and how to add those 5 jars
which we have to add .As i tried to add those jars to Plugins and it did not
worked .

There is no document online which clearly tells step by step to do it .
Thanks in advance .
Please sent me the clear instructions how to follow these steps :-

The general approach is to

   1. checkout the code from Apache's SVN
   2. modify build.properties in /src/contrib/eclipse-plugin and add
   eclipse.home=<path to eclipse>
   3. download apache forrest 0.8 and sun jdk 5
   4. run ant command as "ant clean package
   -Djava5.home=/opt/java/jdk1.5.0_22
-Dforrest.home=/opt/apache-forrest-0.8"
   (replace the paths as per your config)
   5. you should be online for this
   6. after that eclipse plugin should be there in
   /build/contrib/eclipse-plugin
   7. Now the plugin thus made is not correct
   8. open the jar and add the jars of the following in /lib of the jar-
   commons-configuration, commons-lang, jackson-core-asl,jackson-mapper-asl
   9. modify MANIFEST.MF in /META-INF of the jar to include these paths
   such as "Bundle-ClassPath:

classes/,lib/hadoop-core.jar,lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar,lib/jackson-co
re-asl-1.8.8.jar,lib/commons-configuration-1.6.jar,lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar"
   10. copy this jar to plugins folder of eclipse
   11. run "eclipse -clean"
   12. switch to map reduce perspective

I tried to follow it but don't succeed .
Regards