Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Re: Including Apache Knox in BigTop

Re: Including Apache Knox in BigTop
Hi Kevin!

Very nice to see you guys reaching out -- welcome!

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Kevin Minder
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm a dev on the Apache Knox (Incubator) project which is a perimeter
> security gateway for Hadoop.  We have been working on adding RPMs as a build
> artifact for our releases.  It was suggested that we should engage with you
> guys for this.   Ive read " Requirement for adding a new component to Bigtop
> distribution" and the only hurdle would appear to be the smoke testing
> requirement.  For that we would just need understand the integration testing
> framework that BigTop uses.
>
> So how do we start?  File a Jira?

Yes, filing an umbrella JIRA is a good place to start. An obvious two subjiras
that I would recommend filing right away are:
   * packaging subjira
   * deployment subjira (providing puppet code)
   * testing subjira (implementing iTest tests)

I can personally help with the puppet code and answer any kind of
questions on the other two.

Also, if on an umbrella JIRA you can explain all the integration
points between Knox and the rest of the Bigtop stack -- that'll
be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Roman.