Flume, mail # dev - Licenses on generated sources?

Licenses on generated sources?
Juhani Connolly 2012-08-06, 05:29
With the scribe-source currently in review, I tried generating the
sources myself using the compileThrift profile. Turns out this no longer
runs in either it or the legacy thrift source(did it ever?) because the
maven-thrift-plugin is no longer locatable on the maven repo.

Both sources work fine with the pre-generated sources,  and these have
apache licenses added to them. Is it ok to add the license to generated
code? I presume so, just want to verify.

In the case of the new scribe source, the actual thrift protocol it uses
is that of scribe, and the *.thrift file is not included, I presume we
cannot include this and should advise users wanting to send data using
the scribe protocol to pick up the thrift file from the scribe github
project?

Also should we just cut out the broken code generation from the .pom files?
+
Mike Percy 2012-08-06, 20:32
+
Juhani Connolly 2012-08-07, 01:32