From:   Wei Tan/Watson/IBM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED],
Date:   12/02/2012 12:21 PM
Subject:        Meaure server time of Get/Scan - through RPC logging?
Hi I am using YCSB to measure the performance of some complex Get/Scan,
i.e., with some filters. I found that I got weird high latency from YCSB
client but both HBase server and YCSB client are NOT saturated (in terms
of network, I/O, CPU). So I want to measure the server time a single
Get/Scan takes.

Is there a way to do it? From the documentation it seems that RPC logging
is a place to look but the semantics of the logging is not well-documented
so I wonder 1) if RPC logging is the right approach and 2) how I can
interpret it correctly.
Thanks!
Best Regards,
Wei