MapReduce >> mail # dev >> ApplicationMaster appId/appAttemptId/clusterTimestamp

Re: ApplicationMaster appId/appAttemptId/clusterTimestamp
Hi Chris

You are right. At the moment, you do need to pass all of them in to your app master for it to register. I will file a jira to simplify this to end up with something along the lines where the RM implicitly passes such information to the app master without the client explicitly setting it ( the AM will need to consume the info for registration though).

thanks
-- Hitesh