MapReduce, mail # user - Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 04:08
+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 07:04
Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-06, 07:48
I wanted to confirm whether oozie disables the _SUCCESS file creation when
it triggers a MR job.

I am triggering a MR job (actually a bunch of 'em) from oozie and the
workflow completes successfully , however I do not see any kind of _SUCCESS
file in the output directory.
When I set the file output committer's configuration
(mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.
marksuccessfuljobs
) to true.It generates the success file. Wanted to confirm if oozie does
the disabling of success file creation.

​Thanks,
Rahul​
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oozie is being used for triggering the MR job. Looks like oozie disables
> the success file creation using the configuration that you have mentioned
> for FileOutputCommitter.
>
> I have enabled it by setting this property in conf.
>
> Rahul
>

> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Harsh for the pointers. I will find out more on this.
>>

>> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I can think of a few, most obvious ones:
>>>
>>> 1. Job didn't succeed and/or the file was deleted (*shields self*)
>>> 2. Job overrode the default FileOutputCommitter with something that
>>> doesn't do success marking.
>>> 3. Job specifically asked to not create such files, via config
>>> mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.marksuccessfuljobs or so, set to false.

>>> wasn't

>>> --
>>> Harsh J

+
Eduardo Afonso Ferreira 2013-05-06, 14:24
+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-05-16, 03:48
+
Harsh J 2013-05-06, 07:24