Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page

Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page

On Jun 14, 2011, at 3:56 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> All,
>   Steve Loughran has done some great work on defining what can be called Hadoop at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Defining%20Hadoop. After some cleanup from Noirin and Shane, I think we've got a really good base. I'd like a vote to approve the content (at the current revision 12) and put the content on our web site.
>
> Clearly, I'm +1.
This is awesome.  Good job everyone!

A minor nit: I'd like to see some cleanup between the first paragraph and the fourth paragraph in compatibility.  Or was the re-iteration of our "not a standards committee" intentional?  It is sort of awkward as it is currently written.

Also, where can I download Camshaft?