Hadoop, mail # user - Measuring Shuffle time for MR job

Re: Measuring Shuffle time for MR job
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-08-27, 07:57
Shuffle time is considered as part of the reduce step. Without reduce,
there is no need for shuffling.
One way to measure it would be using the full reduce time with a
'/dev/null' reducer.

I am not aware of any way to measure it.

Regards

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Dechoux