Hadoop, mail # general - Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-

Re: Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-
Doug Cutting 2011-05-13, 21:55
On 05/13/2011 07:28 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:
> If it has a modified version of Hadoop (i.e., not an actual Apache
> release or patches which have never been committed to trunk), are
> they allowed to say "includes Apache Hadoop"?

No.  Those are the two cases we permit.  We used to say that it was
enough for a patch to be in Jira, but Roy clarified last year that
committed to trunk is a better line, since that means the code has been
reviewed and accepted by the community.

Doug