MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Release numbering for branch-2 releases

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 20:56
+
Stack 2013-01-31, 05:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-31, 20:12
+
Stack 2013-02-01, 20:35
+
Tom White 2013-02-01, 10:34
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-01, 18:52
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-04, 18:46
+
Stack 2013-02-04, 19:53
+
Owen OMalley 2013-02-04, 21:07
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-04, 22:14
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-04, 22:36
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-05, 04:50
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-04, 19:20
+
Eli Collins 2013-01-31, 00:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-31, 01:10
+
Eli Collins 2013-01-31, 19:51
Re: Release numbering for branch-2 releases
Thanks Suresh. Adding back other *-dev lists.

On Jan 29, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Suresh Srinivas wrote:

> +1 for a release with all the changes that are committed. That way it
> carries all the important bug fixes.
>

> So, rather than debate more, I had a brief chat with Suresh and Todd. Todd
>> suggested calling the next release as hadoop-2.1.0-alpha to indicate the
>> incompatibility a little better. This makes sense to me, as long as we are
>> clear that we won't make any further *feature* releases in hadoop-2.0.x
>> series (obviously we might be forced to do security/bug-fix release).
>>

> We have been incorrectly using point releases to introduce features. Given
> there are many features in this release, calling it 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.3
> makes sense. As you said, I am okay with the proposed plan as long as we do
> not lapse back to introducing new features in point releases meant for
> critical bugs.
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-01-30, 23:32
+
Tom White 2013-02-01, 11:03
+
Stack 2013-02-03, 03:00