Hive, mail # user - Hive Index Rebuild showing TTransportException

Hive Index Rebuild showing TTransportException
Prasanna Kumar Jalakam 2012-09-01, 10:10

Hi All,

I am new to Hive. I am trying to rebuild the index. Continuously i am
getting the following exception.

java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:191)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:127)
         at edu.hive.HiveJDBCclient.doProcess(HiveJDBCclient.java:72)
         at edu.hive.HiveJDBCclient.main(HiveJDBCclient.java:23)
In Hive Server

I am getting the following message.

*Invalid alter operation: Unable to alter index.*

Please help me to solve this.
Thanks & Regards

J. Prasanna Kumar