Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Growing a cluster

+
Jared Cantwell 2011-05-05, 02:16
+
Alexander Shraer 2011-05-05, 04:02
Re: Growing a cluster
It would be acceptable to me to do this non-dynamically and non-rolling as
well. For example, I can shut down all nodes, make necessary modifications
to config files, and then restart all nodes.  If I do this, should switching
from standalone mode to multi-node mode work?  Has anyone done this before?
 Preliminary tests seem to work, but I haven't looked into all the race
conditions and such yet.

~Jared

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Alexander Shraer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Jared,
>
> Currently there is no support for adding and removing zookeeper nodes
> dynamically. See:
>
> We're currently working to add this feature. However, AFAIK there is no
> intention to support
> transformation between standalone and multi-node modes, only membership
> changes in multi-node mode.
>
> Regards,
> Alex

+