HBase, mail # user - Region server going down when deleting a table from HBase

+
Sandeep L 2013-07-11, 13:08
Re: Region server going down when deleting a table from HBase
Anoop John 2013-07-11, 13:17
What is the full trace for DroppedSnapshotException ?  The caused by trace?

-Anoop-

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Sandeep L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
> We are using hbase-0.94.1 with hadoop-1.0.2.
> Recently couple of time we faced a strange issue while deleting a table.
> Whenever we are deleting a table from HBase shell using disable and drop
> command at least one or two region servers are going down suddenly.
> I observed following error message in region server log:
> INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: STOPPED:
> Unrecoverable exception while closing region
> REGION_NAMEjava.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DroppedSnapshotException: region: REGION_NAME
> Previously also we used to disable and drop tables, but we never seen this
> kind of issue.
>
> Thanks,Sandeep.
+
Sandeep L 2013-07-11, 13:24