Kafka >> mail # user >> tried following kickstart, says unknown host name

+
S Ahmed 2012-05-03, 01:06
Re: tried following kickstart, says unknown host name
I'm also want to run the performance tests, I downloaded the source from:

git://git.apache.org/kafka.git

In the perf/ folder, I don't see the run-simulatr.sh file.

I found this on github, but it seems the sbt goals perf isn't working:

./sbt project perf package-all

https://github.com/kafka-dev/kafka/tree/master/perf (I'm guessing it is
old/absolete)

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM, S Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I downloaded 0.7, updated and packaged using sbt.
>
> I was able to run zooker, but when I tried running the kafka server I got:
>
> Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.net.MalformedURLException:
> Local host name unknown: java.net.UnknownHostException: myhostname:
> myhostname
>
> (where myhostname was my host name :)  )
>
> Do I need to tweak the config property files or something?   I didn't
> touch anything, just wanted to get it going.

+
S Ahmed 2012-05-03, 01:32
+
Jun Rao 2012-05-03, 01:57