MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4-alpha

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-10, 03:39
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-04-10, 06:14
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-10, 06:18
+
Arun Murthy 2013-04-10, 09:19
Sangjin Lee 2013-04-10, 16:11
Hi Arun,

Would it be possible to include HADOOP-9407 in the release? It's been
resolved for a while, and it'd be good to have this dependency problem
squared away... Thanks for the consideration!

Regards,
Sangjin
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:19 AM, Arun Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, I'll spin rc1 after. Thanks.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 10, 2013, at 11:44 AM, Siddharth Seth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Arun, MAPREDUCE-5094 would be a useful jira to include in the 2.0.4-alpha
> > release. It's not an absolute blocker since the values can be controlled
> > explicitly by changing tests which use the cluster.
> >
> > Thanks
> > - Sid
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.4-alpha that I
> would
> >> like to release.
> >>
> >> This is a bug-fix release which solves a number of issues discovered
> >> during integration testing of the full-stack.
> >>
> >> The RC is available at:
> >> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.4-alpha-rc0/
> >> The RC tag in svn is here:
> >>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.4-alpha-rc0
> >>
> >> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >>
> >> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Arun
> >>
> >> P.S. Many thanks are in order - Roman/Cos and rest of BigTop community
> for
> >> helping to find a number of integration issues, Ted Yu for
> co-ordinating on
> >> HBase, Alejandro for co-ordinating on Oozie,
> Vinod/Sid/Alejandro/Xuan/Daryn
> >> and rest of devs for quickly jumping and fixing these.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Arun C. Murthy
> >> Hortonworks Inc.
> >> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-11, 23:20
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-12, 12:47
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-11, 23:27
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-04-17, 19:01
+
Robert Evans 2013-04-17, 21:50