Kafka >> mail # user >> compression codec configuration

compression codec configuration
compression.codec 0 (No compression) This parameter allows you to specify the compression codec for all data generated by this producer.
Looking at the source looks like I can specify 1 for gzip and 2 for snappy.

Can I have a producer using snappy and one using gzip publishing to the same topic and have the kafka server still understand how to unpack messages?  (Just curious).

Also if someone could update the docs to have the acceptable values for compression.codec that would be a nice touch.